Looking for Free Camping near the Great Ocean Road?
Geelong’s own country pub, the Mount Moriac Hotel (established 1844), is just minutes from the famous surf beaches of Bells Beach, Torquay.
At no cost, we are the perfect stopping point for you adventurously explore the spectacular Great Ocean Road and the picturesque waterfalls in the Great Otway National Park, before returning to recharge the batteries and appease your appetite in our pub.
At the Mount Moriac Hotel we find travellers and locals stopping by for a drink or indulgent meal in our bistro and bar. You can even enjoy the ambiance of outdoor dining in our heated MT/Yards or weatherproof Beer Garden with open fireplace.
“Great place to stop with your caravan for the night grab a beautiful meal… Few drinks and have a good sleep too. Safe travel’s.”
Located just 20 minutes from the heart of Geelong, The Mount Moriac Hotel offers friendly service and great country pub food – tender cuts of meat, pub classics and even a few special occasion dishes.
- FREE road-side camping available in the large carpark for caravans and RV’s.
- NO tent-based camping or accommodation at the hotel.
- Pub Open Daily for lunch and dinner from 11.30 am.
- Takeaway Meals & Bottle Shop available.
- Men’s, Women’s and Disabled toilets in pub during opening hours.
- Roaring fireplace in the beer garden for cold wintery days.
- Nightly bistro specials.
- Meat Raffle Fridays.
- Friday night live music.
Our only request is that you Book Online through our table reservations portal, and leave a “Note” to confirm your intention to stay awhile.